Add some sparkle to your homemade playdough with this glitter playdough recipe! This is a kids’ favorite and one of the best playdough recipes to make for kids birthdays or other special occasions. This playdough recipe is not edible, but it does not need to be refrigerated so it is easy to store and keep. Use multiple colors and glitters to make all kinds of playdough that can be used to create every kind of shape and object, making this playdough recipe for kids a great choice, especially for crafts with young children.
- flour – 1 cups
- salt – 0.5 cups
- cream of tartar – 2 tbsp
- cooking oil – 1 tbsp
- water – 1 cup
- food coloring
- Combine all ingredients except glitter into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix ingredients until consistent.
- Add to a pan at medium heat.
- Cook until mixture is a doughy ball.
- Put on wax paper and add glitter.
- Knead until dough is smooth and consistent.
- Store in a sealed container but do not refrigerate.
If you want to add even more sparkle to your playdough sprinkle some glitter on after you’ve finish kneading everything together. This recipe is very kid friendly and easy to make! It is particularly fun to make after you have made some simpler playdough recipes with your kids and they can make something a little bit more difficult with your help.
What are some things your kids would add to their playdough to make it fun to play with? – Cute Beltz