When the days start getting longer, and the weather gets a little warmer, I start dreaming of one thing: strawberry mojitos. It’s my favorite drink during the summer months and I’ll take any excuse I can to make ‘em. They’re sweet with fresh strawberries and mint and the perfect light drink for any summer meal. But my twist on the strawberry mojito is to add a little bit of ginger liqueur. It adds a slightly spicy kick that’s perfect for an afternoon barbecue.
Strawberry & Ginger Mojito
Total time: 5 minutes Serves: 1
- 6 mint leaves
- 2 ripe strawberries, quartered
- 1.5 oz light rum
- 0.5 oz ginger liqueur (or ginger syrup)*
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup or agave Ice Soda water or sparkling water
* Ginger liqueur or syrup can be difficult to find at the grocery store, but there are many recipes online for making your own in only 15-20 minutes. Otherwise your local specialty beverage store should carry it!
Muddle mint leaves and strawberries together in cocktail shaker. Add lime juice, rum, simple syrup, and ginger liqueur. Fill the shaker a little over half way with ice and shake vigorously for about 15-20 seconds.
Pour into a tall glass and top with soda water. Garnish with a strawberry or mint leaf.
What’s your favorite summer cocktail? – Cute Beltz
Girls Belts & Boys Belts
Toddler & Kids Belts
Q: I am traveling with a 3 and a 5 year old on an airplane, what items should I take with me to keep them entertained. I am afraid they may end up being the kids no one wants to sit next to, any advice?
A: As a mother with two kids and who has traveled many places with her children, there are some key items you must have when venturing into the world of travel with kids.
1. DVD Player with headphones! – Nobody will want to listen to Dora and Diego on their adventures. Tip: they make a plugin for headphones with dual headphone plugins, make sure to get this attachment because you will have two headsets. Take at least five movies, kids can often change their mind in the middle of a movie and request something new. Tip: Let them pick two movies each, make the 5th movie a surprise, maybe go buy something they haven’t watched.
2. Coloring Books – Take at least four or you can print some of their favorite characters from an activity website. Nickelodeon Kids Printables and Crayola offers cool Disney Coloring Pages are good resources.
3. Gaming System – A Leapster, Mobigo, etc. will keep them busy and quiet. Make sure to take at least two games and download a few new games from the gaming systems website, this will give them a new challenge which provides you with peace and quiet.
Hope these tips help. Traveling with children is always an adventure, you never know what will happen.
Happy Traveling! – Cute Beltz
Toddler Belts & Kids Belts
WOW!! Today is National One-Hit Wonder Day!!! Here’s one of those days I didn’t know existed, but appreciate. Many of the songs I loved, the “one hits” are etched in my brain to this day. Some of my favorites: Relax(Don’t Do It) by Frankie Goes To Hollywood(video above), Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas, Eye of the Tiger by Survivor, True by Spandau Ballet, Take On Me by A-ha and so many more. Checkout this list —> 50 Greatest One-Hit Wonders, any favorites? Time to have a little dance party and reflect on my awesome childhood!
Enjoy & go get your boogie on! –Cute Beltz
Toddler Belts & Kids Belts