It’s never too late to give your home an eco-friendly spring cleaning. Thankfully strong, irritating cleaners are no longer the only cleaning supply option. We’ve gathered some safer household cleaning alternatives to help you and your family protect the environment—and your home.
1. Dave by Eco-Me All Floor Cleaner: Safe to use on tile, sealed wood, vinyl, and more, the Dave by Eco-Me All Floor Cleaner eliminates bacteria without harsh chemicals. Eco-me.com
2. Method Antibacterial Toilet Cleaner: Squirt Method’s antibacterial toilet cleaner under the rim and the citric acid-based formula kills 99.9 percent of germs. Methodhome.com
3. Seventh Generation: Of all the eco-friendly companies, Seventh Generation probably has the largest line of products, including cleaners, laundry care, toilet paper and even baby care items. Seventhgeneration.com
4. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Surface Scrub: Skip the elbow grease. A few shakes of Mrs. Meyer’s Surface Scrub are all you need to tackle hard-to-clean spots in the kitchen or bathroom, and it’s safe to use on stainless steel. Mrsmeyers.com
5. Green Works Compostable Cleaning Wipes: Biodegradable, plant-based cleaning agents make these compostable wipes ideal for quick cleanups. Greenworks.com
6. Vaska Spotoff Spot Remover: The color-safe, botanical surfactants in Spotoff make it the perfect pre-treatment for spills on rugs, curtains, and clothes. Vaskahome.com
1. Baking Soda: Baking soda works great when you need a soft scrub & something more abrasive than liquids only.
2. Borax – Cleans and deodorizes. It softens water and is an excellent disinfectant. It’s available in laundry section of grocery store.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide: This is a disinfectant that can be used to bleach, kill bacteria, mold, and even salmonella.
4. Washing Soda – Cuts grease and removes stains. Disinfects and softens water. Available in laundry section of grocery store or in pure form from chemical supply houses as “sodium carbonate.”
5. Vinegar: Distilled white vinegar is the do-it-all of natural cleaners & no house should be without a giant bottle of the wonder liquid. Simply mixed with water, or with any of the below items, it can clean just about anything.
6. Citrus Fruit: Fruits such as lime, lemon and grapefruit can help polish, bleach, eliminate mildew and of course add a fresh fragrance to the home.
What eco-friendly products do you use in your home? – Cute Beltz